Tuesday, 20 July 2010

A Novel Idea - The Gallery #20

So the theme for Sticky Fingers Gallery this week is "a novel idea".

Like last weeks "Can you tell what it is yet" I have spent a disproportionate amount of time agonising over what to photograph and then it hit me...



... after all I walk past it like, a million times a day so I was bound to get it sooner or later. Any ideas? .... read on to find out.

Maybe its a bit of a cheat?

It's not at all cryptic or clever or indeed a representation (missed the brief a bit I think!), its just a straightforward extract from Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres. But having said that it is really, really special to me. The canvas itself is something which I created around 18 months ago. And it almost goes without saying that the book really is a rather lovely.

The inspiration was my wonderful sister as this was the extract which she read during my wedding to Mr U at Hodsock Priory. She was ever so nervous about doing it but she did incredibly well and there honestly was not a dry eye in the room and (get a grip!) I've even come over all emotional thinking about it! Love you Little Sis x (thankfully she will probably never read this and I can maintain my persona of mean Big Sis!)

So, did any of you know what the book was on seeing the picture?
blog comments powered by Disqus