Wednesday, 26 May 2010

Hot, hot, hot!!

OK, so I feel a little (a lot) ashamed, but on the whole I am hugely relieved to learn that lots of babies have been troubled by this recent hot weather (oh my god, I shudder to even type this... I am not a bad person). The reason for my relief is that my perfect little girl seemed to morph into the girl from the Exorcist on Saturday night, at first I was mortified that I might have lost my touch (I'm kidding myself, I have no "touch", I am just very lucky and have a very content little girl) but then tried my hardest to convince myself that this waterfall of tears was down to the hot weather which I had previously thought was actually quite nice. Either way I was horrified and ended up in tears myself, we were just a balling mass of baby and mummy. I am after all a complete mummy notice, until giving birth I didn't "do" babies and was the subject of much hilarity on announcing my pregnancy.

Anyway, I was pleased to see a similar sense of relief pass across the faces of my lovely yummy mummy friends at baby group today when we all realised we were in the same sweaty boat. However, normal service is now resumed and Baby T was tucked up in bed as usual by 8. But I have one prevailing thought... what happens when it's proper summer time? Honestly, what do I do?!

3 comments:

  1. I have a 5 month old too ! Plus a 2 1/2 year old. Thankfully baby didn't seem too effected by weather she just went to bed with a short sleeved vest and a 1 tog gro bag and that seemed to do her fine. I think all you can do in hot weather is strip them down and if the temp drops in night just put a sheet over them. We also used to get a fan for our toddler for her room when it was really hot last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment rock n roll mummy. I've bought a fan now too and thank seems to have jinxed the weather sufficiently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So we can blame you for the rain, can we?

    We considered emigration to Australia a couple of years ago but - many other reasons aside - the thought of my son throwing a Chuckie daily for an entire 40 degree summer was pretty offputting...

    ReplyDelete